The Grammar 3 Handbook follows on from The Grammar 2 Handbook, revising, consolidating and extending the teaching from The Grammar Handbook 2:
• 36 structured grammar lessons.
• 36 spelling and punctuation lessons.
• Develops dictionary and thesaurus skills.
• Improves vocabulary and comprehension.
• Photocopiable activities.
Topics covered are:
Continues to introduce new grammar elements.
Revision of elements covered in The Grammar Handbooks 1 & 2.
New spelling patters – tch, dge, ure, gn, gh, ex, n for /ng/, s, se and ze for /z/, a for /ar/, y for /i/, a for /o/, ere for /air/, and eer and ere for /ear/.
Suffixes -‘less’, ‘able’ and ‘ful’.
Nouns acting as adjectives.
Pronouns – possessive/subjective and object.
The present particle and the continuous tenses.
Subject and object in a sentence.
Questions and exclamations in speech.